CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 26, 2007

We are home from Michigan. We left for Michigan the morning after we got back from Florida. Mark was unable to go with because he had to work. We had a great time even without him. The first thing Hans learned was how to pick raspberries. He saw auntie Patti pick them then about two hours later he walked down to the garden and started picking them. When I go to Michigan I have to go to 4 places Charlevoix, Alden, Traverse City and Elk Rapids. In TC Inga took us Patisserie Ami. It was so good although they didn't have high chairs so Inga and I did our best to keep Hans entertained. Traverse City has the most places to shop so we did that too. Inga and i also spent a day alone there and we had to go to Poppycocks to get the Pita Chips, Hummus and Jarlsberg Cheese, which I have been craving for a year. Inga and I attempted to recreate it but it didn't turn out as well. Then in Charlevoix we went to Weathervane and ate by the channel. Hans was entertained by the bridge going up and down. In Alden there are my favorite clothes boutiques and I love the curried chicken sandwich I get there. I found some really neat yard art. While we were there we went to they toy shop and Hans fell in love with the toy cars so of course Grandma Judy got it for him. When I think Michigan I think FOOD, but the best food of all is what my aunt Patti makes. Besides the food we swim and hike everyday. Hans enjoyed swimming in Torch even though it is COLD. Although he did like when we went to Elk Rapids and swam in lake Michigan, but most of all he likes playing in the sand. Hans liked being at the house the most, and seeing the dogs. Garth took him on the tractor, and played with him so much. Garth was Hans best buddy. Patti played the piano a few nights and Hans freaked out. He loved it so much his eyes got so big and he had to see what was going on. We couldn't have had a better time, but it is nice to be home. We have a couple more little trips before I head back to school, which is nice.

0 comments: