CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I came home this evening from being out with Christine and I get the news from my sister that my brother Erik has 4 days left to live. As you can imagine I was devastated! I came to find out my brother is going to be in the hospital receiving blood transfusions and chemotherapy with Velcade. He was just diagnosed with mutliple myeloma cancer of the plasma or Otto Kahler disease. Please Pray for him and Kim right now as they are going to have many decisions to make. My heart is broken for them and for Nate and Deb as Nate fights cancer. It is so hard to think of all the suffering and pain they have to endure fighting this battle. All I can do is pray.

5 comments:

Nate said...

Karin, I am sorry for the pain and suffering that Erik and your family is going though. This isn't supposed to happen to young guys like us. It is hard to find words of comfort in times like these. Please know that Deb and I will keep Erik, Kim, and your family in our prayers.
Nate

Colleen and Scott said...

Karin, I am keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Kelly said...

Karin - I am so sorry to hear about what your brother and family are going through. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Stacy said...

Karin- I have been reading your blog through Kelly's blog and I just want you to know that I am so sorry to hear that news and I will also be praying for your brother and your family.

Matt Thomson said...

Erik and I were at Westmont together. Thanks for the updates on the blog. I can't imagine what we can do to help other than pray, but please let us know if there is anything he or his family needs.
Matt Thomson