CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Yesterday I took the kids to Elmhurst for a baby shower. A neighbor kid babysat Hans and Elle came with. Here is Elle in a pic with auntie Kim. I hung out with Kim the whole time. The shower was for my cousin Bryan and his wife Rachel. She is pregnant with twins, so she is on bed rest and was unable to go. After Kim left to go meet Erik, Hans came over to go swimming the poor kids face looked like a war zone. When he woke up he looked like he had been in a fight. When he got to Shirls to me it looked like a chemical burn, other people thought poison ivy. We had doctor Brent look at it and he said it wasn't poison Ivy. When I got home I determined it was from a Mr. Clean magic eraser. I found it with the Johnson soapy wash cloth. He must have used it to wash his cheeks like I do after he eats. I always give him his baths, and check to make sure nothing dangerous is in there because he is always putting electronic toys in his bath cubby. Mark gave him his bath and didn't realize that, so we will have to be more careful.
On Friday, Mark and I were able to spend the evening together. We went for a walk to see what house my union presidents daughter is moving into. This year I am on a cart teaching bio and chem so one of the rooms I am in is the union pres. room. He told me his daughter is moving into the same subdivision as me. That will be nice because she has a son a little younger than Hans.
Off to work Friday morning, it was a difficult week. I appreciate all the prayers by Friday I could definently tell people were praying for me.
On Tuesday people stopped by to see how work was going. Hans was excited to have everyone stop by. Although he got in TROUBLE. He dumped a bucket of sand on Derek's head. Luckily Derek thought it was funny. Also when Dana and Andrew came by he was happy to see them. He now can say their names. Hans didn't seem to mind me being gone he had so much fun playing at Christine's house.

It official I am back teaching! This was my first full week back with students. This year will be interesting. It is a little different leaving two kids and a little harder getting them ready so I can be to work on time. Also this week I met my masters advisor and she said I am pretty much done with my action research. That is about 100 pages of stress released.

0 comments: